eCareConnection Hotline (832) 355-5150
Interoperability with eCareConnection may provide physicians and their offices with more efficient office processes than simply using a stand-alone electronic health record. eCareConnection can be used as an electronic bridge between a physician office electronic health record, other physician office electronic health records, patients, and the St. Luke’s facilities. This allows you to:
- Reduce workarounds of printing, scanning, or printing to PDF in order to store information received by fax, mail, or email;
- Better protect patient information;
- Be assured that traditionally faxed or mailed information (referrals, outpatient testing orders, copies of lab results) are actually received by your intended recipient; and
- Track dialogue about patients in a more meaningful way.
The extent of interoperability is customizable per office and may also be determined by the capabilities of each office’s respective electronic health record vendor. Possible outcomes of creating interoperability with eCareConnection might look as follows:
- Test results from St. Luke’s or may be filed directly in the patient’s electronic health record.
- Test results might be transferred as actual data that is searchable and can be graphed or trended in a chart.
- Ordering lab and radiology tests maybe become seamless. A few clicks could send an outpatient test order electronically to a St. Luke’s facility for initial processing.
If you are interested in building interoperability between eCareConnection and your office electronic health record, please call one of our eCareConnection representatives to discuss your practice’s technology goals.